The transmission distance depends on many factors, the antenna height installed on the basis of true distance, antenna gain, use environment, such as construction and other obstructions, receiver sensitivity, receiver antenna. The higher the antenna is installed, the more far-reaching the distance will be used in rural areas.
Example 5W FM transmitter in the city and home:
I have an American client that uses a 5W FM transmitter with a GP antenna in his hometown, tested in his car, it covers 10 kilometers (6.21 miles).
In my hometown, I tested the 5W FM transmitter with the GP antenna, which covers about 2 kilometers (1.24 miles).
I tested the GP antenna on the 5W FM transmitter, in Guangzhou, covering about 300 m (984 ft).
Below is the approximate range of different power FM transmitters. (range is diameter)
0.1W~5W FM Transmitter: 100 m ~ km
5W~15W FM Transmitter: 1~3 km
15w~80w FM Transmitter: 3~10 km
80w~500w FM Radio Transmitter: 10 km ~30 km
500w~1000w FM Radio Transmitter: 30 km ~50 km
1KW~2KW FM Transmitter 50 km ~100 km
2KW~5KW FM Radio Transmitter: 100 km ~150 km
5KW~10KW FM Radio transmitter: 150 km ~200 km
Next: No Information
Related Industry Knowledge
- Radio FM broadcasting manufacturers talking abo...
- The transmitting power of FM transmitter cannot...
- Coverage distance of FM Transmitter
- FM Transmitter Description
- Scheme of Intelligent Radio FM Broadcasting System
- Characteristics of FM Transmitter
- Classification of radio broadcasts
- Technical parameters of FM Transmitter
- Understanding of the principle of FM Transmitter
- Factors affecting transmitting distance of FM t...